Tuesday, February 19, 2008
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?
b. rubber chicken
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in?
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house?
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony?
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?
c. single-malt whiskey
Goblet of Fire
Dragon from first challenge
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
1. What is Professor McGonnagall's first name?
2. Who is the librarian of Hogwarts?
3. What is Madam Rosmerta's job?
She owns The Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade.
4. What is Rita Skeeter's secret?
She is a beetle animagus.
5. Madam Hooch is instructor of what subject?
6. Who is Parvati Patil's best friend?
7. What Quidditch position does Cho Chang play?
8. What is the name of Fleur Delacour's little sister?
9. Who is professor of Divination?
10. Who wrote "A History of Magic"?
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
This weekend I went into Hogsmeade to buy a Valentine’s Day gift for my boyfriend. I wasn’t able to find exactly what I wanted, however (although I did pick up some treats for myself at Honeydukes!), so I decided to buy some yarn on the muggle Internet and make a little plushie for him.
When I came back from Hogsmeade, I found waiting for me an owl from my secret spoiler! As if she had magically read my mind (and I wouldn’t put that past her, she’s amazing!), she had sent me a $15 gift certificate for KnitPicks! I’m going to put the $15 toward some much needed blocking pins, and a pair of size 13 Harmony needle tips (very helpful, as I own the Options nickel-plated set~ it's great, but it only goes up to size 11 tips). Thank you so much, spoiler! You really made my day! :D
I’m working on an afghan for my boyfriend’s birthday, so I’m going to use the chance to stock up on yarn at KnitPicks so that I’ll go over $50 and get the free shipping. I do love shopping for yarn!
Friday, February 8, 2008
I've been swamped with so much homework lately, but I think I'm keeping up alright. I just got my results back on my latest exams, and I've been getting all As~ that makes me really glad! It means that I can afford to relax this weekend and work on my swap partner's kit. It's very convenient that this is a Hogsmeade weekend, as I was planning to pick up some more supplies for the kit. I've got a plan for the kit all figured out, but I won't say any more here so that I don't ruin the surprise for my swap partner. :) I'll have to ask Elanor and Gabriella what they're doing~ maybe we can all go into Hogsmeade together!
Sunday, February 3, 2008
I got an owl back from Mother about Elanor's ancestor. :) It seems that it was a Caldwell Cadogan, back in the Elizabethan era, who was an extremely talented writer. He went off to muggle London to be a playwright, fell in love with a girl he met there, and never came back to the magical world. Mother insists that the plays supposedly written by a muggle named William Shakespeare were really written by Caldwell, and that Shakespeare was just his pen name. I do love plays, so I find this information very interesting! I wonder if I can find Caldwell's plays on the Internet (or would it be William Shakespeare's)? Perhaps they might even still be showing in muggle London, although they're so old now that they probably aren't anymore...