Sunday, February 3, 2008

Quidditch!

Wow~ this round of quidditch was intense! That was my first time playing, and I was amazed by how into it everyone was! The snitch was very cleverly hidden in a place I didn't even think to look, so I'm afraid my efforts at flying weren't of much help to Ravenclaw. It was still lots of fun, though! And woohoo~ we went from last to 2nd place! That's really impressive for one round~ good job, Ravenclaws! I'm really looking forward to the next round when we can bump ourselves up to 1st place! :D

I got an owl back from Mother about Elanor's ancestor. :) It seems that it was a Caldwell Cadogan, back in the Elizabethan era, who was an extremely talented writer. He went off to muggle London to be a playwright, fell in love with a girl he met there, and never came back to the magical world. Mother insists that the plays supposedly written by a muggle named William Shakespeare were really written by Caldwell, and that Shakespeare was just his pen name. I do love plays, so I find this information very interesting! I wonder if I can find Caldwell's plays on the Internet (or would it be William Shakespeare's)? Perhaps they might even still be showing in muggle London, although they're so old now that they probably aren't anymore...

No comments: