Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentine’s Day Preparations

This weekend I went into Hogsmeade to buy a Valentine’s Day gift for my boyfriend. I wasn’t able to find exactly what I wanted, however (although I did pick up some treats for myself at Honeydukes!), so I decided to buy some yarn on the muggle Internet and make a little plushie for him.

When I came back from Hogsmeade, I found waiting for me an owl from my secret spoiler! As if she had magically read my mind (and I wouldn’t put that past her, she’s amazing!), she had sent me a $15 gift certificate for KnitPicks! I’m going to put the $15 toward some much needed blocking pins, and a pair of size 13 Harmony needle tips (very helpful, as I own the Options nickel-plated set~ it's great, but it only goes up to size 11 tips). Thank you so much, spoiler! You really made my day! :D

I’m working on an afghan for my boyfriend’s birthday, so I’m going to use the chance to stock up on yarn at KnitPicks so that I’ll go over $50 and get the free shipping. I do love shopping for yarn!

No comments: