Friday, January 11, 2008

First day fun!

Oh, dear~ My first day here, and I’ve already gotten myself into a tight spot. The common room is completely uninhabitable at the moment, and… I must admit… I might have had a little bit to do with the incident. (But, only a little bit!) I spent a good deal of the day helping the house elves clean up the water in the common room by hand. Perhaps I should wait for classes to begin before I attempt any more spells.

I visited Sir Cadogan’s portrait earlier this morning, and he was extremely surprised that I wasn’t sorted into Gryffindor. He actually went on quite a long tirade about it, and I felt obliged to listen to the whole thing~ he is my ancestor, after all. Sir Cadogan went on for a good hour, spending a good deal of the time yelling "But bravery is in your blood, my girl! Am I not the bravest knight the world has seen?!" or something to that effect (I admit I started tuning him out about five minutes into his monologue). To be honest, the Sorting Hat almost put me in Gryffindor, but it told me that I was equally suited to Ravenclaw, so I decided why not try it out? I have a feeling that I’ll be one of the most Gryffindor-ish Ravenclaws in my year, so I hope I’ll be able to make lots of friends from other houses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

Somehow, somewhere down the family tree we might be related.

Glad to see another Cadogan inside Ravenclaw