Saturday, January 19, 2008

Weekend relaxation.

This weekend I went into Hogsmeade to pick up supplies for stitch-marker-making. After reading some fascinating tutorials on the muggle internet, I’ve decided to make the stitch markers for my partner’s sock kit. I’ve never made stitch markers before, but I’m a Ravenclaw~ I live for learning new things. :) I spent the afternoon playing around with beads instead of doing my homework. Currently I’m experimenting with bending the wires so that they won’t catch on the knitting. I’m not sure how successful it’ll be, but so far the stitch markers are looking pretty good!

I sent an owl to Mother to ask what our family history books say about Elanor’s ancestor. It’s pretty thrilling to meet a relative for the first time here at Hogwarts~ and she’s my roommate, too! What a wonderful coincidence! It’s really interesting that we’re related, and yet we’re so different. Our common ancestor must go pretty far back~ Elanor grew up in the muggle world, while I’ve lived in the wizarding world all my life. I hope I can learn more about muggle electronics from her, as I’m pretty hopeless with them!

I believe there is another Cadogan in our year, a Gryffindor girl named Petunia~ I’ve seen her in the Great Hall once, but I still feel a little shy to introduce myself. Perhaps I’ll try talking to her the next time I see her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psst- it's your spoiler again....

thanks for posting your preferences. It has my creative juices flowing. I can't wait for you to get my package.

Would you like it all at once or in pieces? I like to stretch things out a bit but will be happy to make it all one box.

Glad to see you had a great weekend.

Your spoiler.

Celestina Cadogan said...

Hi again, spoiler! Either way is ok with me~ I like surprises! So go ahead and spread it out if you want. :) You're so sweet for putting so much effort into this for me! Thank you so much!